Pega Interview Questions & AnswersNovember 4, 2022 2022-12-21 13:30
Pega Interview Questions & Answers
Pega Interview Questions & Answers
You have found the ideal spot if you are searching for Pega Interview Questions for Experienced or Freshers. A large number of well-known businesses around the world provide promising career paths. Pega holds a 1.4% portion of the market, according to the data.
And therefore, you can still make progress in your Pega Development profession. If you’re hoping to land a job as a Pega Developer, our comprehensive list of interview questions for the year 2022 is just what you need to prepare for your big interview.
Best Pega Interview Questions & Answers
1. What location in the Pega rules database will assignments be kept ?
The pc assign worklist table is where assignments for the Work List are kept. The table pc assign workbasket stores information on tasks assigned through the Workbasket.
Softlogic is the best online training platform, and they offer a course titled “Pega Training” if you’re interested in advancing your career through Pega expertise. Insights gained from this course will aid in your pursuit of professional distinction in this field. Enroll in the best software training institute in Chennai to become successful in your career.
2. Where work objects will be stored ?
By default, the pc work table is where Work Objects are saved. However, if you’d rather keep track of your project’s items in a custom table, read on!
Make a database structure that mirrors the pc work table. (It’s recommended that you duplicate the pc work schema and then change the names of the tables and constraints, if necessary.)
To use the new table, update the class group mapping (Data-Admin-DB-Table).
3. What is the distinction between Edit validate and Edit Input rules ?
To check if a property’s value is correct in Java, use the update validate rule. Validation rules for properties, objects, and rules can be edited with the help of the property-validate, Rule-Obj-Validate, and Property rules operations.
The rules of edit input reformat the user’s input into the desired format. If a user submits a date in MM/DD/YYYY format, the edit input rule will automatically convert it to DD-MMM-YYYY format (required format). For this modification, java code writing is required once more.
4. What are the distinctions between the Page-Validate and Property-Validate approaches ?
All of a page’s properties can be checked using the page-validate method. For recursive property checking, this method is useful when a page contains other pages within it. This procedure uses up more time and resources on the computer. Use the Obj-Validate method in conjunction with a Rule-Obj-Validate rule to check the validity of individual properties.
Limits on property value are enforced through the use of a property-validate strategy. Put in place rules by combining the Edit validate rule with the Property-Validate technique. The Property-Validate technique allows for the simultaneous validation of several properties.
5. How can I divide up the data from my application into three tables if I have three distinct types of work objects ?
Invoke the instance of Data-Admin-DB-Table for each class, specifying the table name. This will create the new table in the Data-Admin-DB-Table instance where all of the work objects can be kept. If there are too many instances of a certain class’s objects, this is a good strategy to employ. Enroll in the best software training institute in Chennai and learn any software course with hands-on experience.
6. How to make any rule a favorite to your manage ?
Give the management the regulation to implement.
7. How to Import Rules in PZinsky 9 ?
When exporting a rule, you first need to open it, then choose the pzinskey, then head to prdbutil, and lastly enter the pzinskey. Put that compressed folder wherever you like.
8. What are StepStatusGood, StepStatusFail rules ?
The rule determines whether the pxMethodStatus property has the value “Good” if the condition defined in @baseclass evaluates to true.
In order to determine if the pxMethodStatus property has the value “Fail,” the stepStatusFail when rule examines the @baseclass-defined condition.
9. obj-open vs. obj-open-by-handled: what's the difference ?
With Obj-Open, we may retrieve numerous rows from a table according to the criteria from a given class. Or Launches a new instance of the specified class.
The pzInskey is being used as an instance handle in an OBJ call to open a single record at a time. Or A pzInsKey value handle opens the object.
An instance’s handle is a system-generated, case-insensitive identifier within the PegaRULES database. It may not correspond to the obvious identifier typically used to locate instances. (Each instance has its own identifier, while it’s possible for multiple instances to share a given key that’s exposed to the outside world.) The handle is a unique identifier for rule instances that is generated by the system and contains information like the time and date of creation.
Only if you know the handle that permanently identifies the instance you want to open should you use the Obj-Open-By-Handle function. If it doesn’t work, try Obj-Open.
10. When comparing activity and value, what is the key distinction ?
The Rule-Obj-Activity rule type is instantiated whenever there is an activity. The basic sequential processing unit in Process Commander is an activity.
The Visio diagram’s form indicates a process that does not need user intervention but does update a work object. The system comes preloaded with predefined routines for commonly performed utility chores, and you have the option of adding your own.
All utility jobs must have an Activity reference to a specific task. While the utility shape can be called an activity type, the inverse is not true. Learn the Pega course in Chennai and excel in your profession.
11. Where can I find the values of the parameters I copied from one activity to another (values..) in the clipboard?
No, this is not feasible with the clipboard; however, you may view it in tracer by tapping the page name in the step method column.
12. Explain The Pega Inheritance Theorem (rules, class) ?
Inheritance in rules can maximize the reusability of your rules and permit localized overrides where necessary. Inheritance, sometimes referred to as polymorphism, is the ability to apply a rule defined for one class (perhaps an abstract class) to all classes that inherit from that class.
The process of class inheritance involves looking up the class hierarchy from a specific, lower class for applicable rules.
Class inheritance can be either directed or pattern-based.
13. What is the metric by which we evaluate the effectiveness of our work in Pega ?
DBTrace is a component of the Performance Analysis Tool (PAL) that records every query made to the PegaRULES database. The amount of time spent on each database query is also displayed by DBTrace.
“PAL counters” or “PAL readings” are where this information is kept. An application developer can use the data gathered by the requestor’s counters and timers (together known as the “PAL”) to investigate performance issues.
Distinctive PAL Characteristics
- Add Reading with Clipboard Size
- Reset Data
- Save Data
- Start DBTrace
- DBTrace Options
- Start Profiler
- Show Graph
- My Alerts
Alerts: As the application runs, Process Commander creates a series of text entries called alert messages that are logged in the performance alert log. These messages typically detail problems or errors with the application’s performance. PegaRULES-ALERT-YYYY-MMM-DD log is the standard naming convention for the performance alert log.
AES: As far as AES is concerned, exceptions are handled in the same way as notifications. Whenever an exception is thrown by a Process Commander server, it is forwarded to the AES system using the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP). AES database’s pegaam exception table is where the system’s interpreted exceptions are kept. AES aggregates these logs into artifacts of labor known as AES exception items, taking into account the frequency with which an exception occurs and the system events that produced those exceptions. The AES pegaam exception work table receives these updates.
14. How do obj-list and rdb-list differ from one another ?
The obj-list command is used to get a list of an object’s properties back to a page for viewing. Essential Research Areas Obj-List
RequestType is the browser’s type, which enables various forms of processing and the definition of a variety of attributes. Standard is the default. Constituent piece of the Rule-RDB-SQL implementation.
Access: From the INI file, a hint as to which database package was used to access this table (currently ODBC). Integral piece of the Rule-RDB-SQL system.
ClassName identifies the class of objects being seen.
Rdb-list – Get a List of External Relational Databases.
Relevant Dataset List (RDB-List) Fields
15. Name of the page where the results will be shown.
ObjClass is the Class of objects to be listed. The RuleObjList option requires that this class of list be used.
16. How can I check the values of the activity's local variables ?
log-message is used.
17. How do I link to several Pega programs ?
By means of the Semantic Web Services Application Protocol, the Hypertext Transfer Protocol, and the Message Queuing Protocol (MQ)
Creating a new table in the database specifically for that occupational group, or mapping the data to an external database where it will be stored going forward. Enroll in the best software training institute in Chennai.
18. Where should I put the class instance in the database ?
Creating a new table in the database specifically for that occupational group, or mapping the data to an external database where it will be stored going forward. Pega Training in Chennai gives you all the required training and information about Pega
19. Class instances that are stored use the table as their default data source (how it will search ) pc work
The pr assign workbasket table is where all of your assigned tasks will be kept.
The pr assigns worklist table is where all of your worklist assignments will be kept.
When it comes to flow processing, all the properties of Work objects that must be made available to the system must be stored in the pc work table, which is mapped to the Work-base class. Connect the classes of your work objects to the pc work table or another table with the same columns.
The pr data table corresponds to the Database type in the database. Any table with the same column names as pr data can serve as a mapping for your data classes.
The rule database (pr4 pegarules) will be used to hold all rule-related information. If a class does not have a corresponding entry in any of the other tables, the stored instance will be placed in pr other as a fallback.
20. Which property is used by default in the routing activity ?
px RouteTo = Param.AssignTo =” workbasket name” for work basket .s
For work list:
pirouette = Param.Worklist=”true” &&Param.AssignTo =” pxRequestor.pyUserIdentifier” for work list.
21. How many distinct varieties of studios does Pega provide?
Pega’s four primary studio offerings are Dev Studio, App Studio, Admin Studio, and Prediction Studio
Studios, also known as workspaces, facilitating role-based capabilities and expediting the application development process. Role-based features allow for specialized use of the tool by various categories of programmers.
22. What are the many Pega class types ?
This is a standard Pega interview question that often comes up in technical job interviews. Among Pega’s many class options are:
Rules for working with different data kinds and objects are laid out in detail in the Data Class.
This class specifies how the application communicates with external services and resources, such as customer databases and third-party servers. The Work Class encapsulates the various resources (data items, interfaces, etc.) that control how test cases are handled.
23. In Pega, what does DCO stand for?
Direct Capture of Objectives (DCO) is a Pega acronym. Data acquisition, storage, and processing on the unified Pega platform are all included in this umbrella term.
24. Describe the many Pega layouts that can be used ?
Again, this is a standard Pega interview question for technical positions. Pega’s varied design options include the following:
Fluid Layout Variable Layouts for Screens Grids and Tree Grids. Learn the Pega course in Chennai and upgrade your profile.
25. Which types of assignments are there, and where do they live in the Pega database?
Generally speaking, there are two kinds of tasks to be completed: those on a to-do list and those in a work basket. Pega’s separate worklists are where these tasks are kept.
The pc_assign_worklist contains work-list assignments
The w pc_assign_workbasket contains work-basket assignments
26. Explain what Pega is ?
Pega is a Java-based application used for enterprise application development and process automation that is data-driven.
27. Is coding experience necessary to work with Pega ?
Pega is an enterprise application development platform that requires little to no coding. Because of this, you don’t have to be a pro at coding to create useful apps. Pega’s unified design studio eliminates the need for manual coding during the application development process.
28. Which programming language did you use to create the Pega platform ?
Java is used for Pega’s development and writing.
29. What are Pega's most common applications ?
Pega is a platform that enables users to construct applications, implement mobility, assist in controlling the case life cycle, design extended user interfaces, manage choices and execute DevOps and robotic automation, among other capabilities. Pega is favored over other tools because it removes scripting, streamlines the process by utilizing built-in functions, and focuses on reusing and altering existing rules. Pega is built on Java. Pega 8.2, which refers to Build for Change, is the most recent version.
30. When developing with Pega 8.4, what new features have you included ?
From the application development perspective, Pega 8.4 includes the following new features:
- We can utilize role-based workspaces in Pega 8.4.
- The new edition allows designers to examine comprehensive project highlights on a single page.
- Additionally, it offers efficient administration of reusable components.
With the best software training institute in Chennai, you can achieve your dream by enrolling in it.
31.What are the various development tools employed by Pega ?
Designer Studio and Pega Express are the Pega development environments.
32. What are the various debugging tools offered by Pega?
Pega provides the following debugging tools: Tracer, SMA, Clipboard, and PLA.
33. What are the certificates available for Pega developers ?
These are some of the Pega certifications available to developers:
Certified System Architect: CSA stands for Certified System Architect. This certification is an entry-level certification for developers.
CSSA: It is the abbreviation for Certified Senior System Architect. This is a high level of developer certification. The developers holding this qualification are regarded as professionals in constructing, evaluating, and leading teams with strong technical characteristics.
LSA: LSA is a short form of Lead System Architect. This is the most advanced level of developer certification. The developers who hold this certification are regarded as development leaders who are well-versed in all functionalities and implement them effectively.
34. What does the term workplace or studio mean in Pega?
In Pega, a workspace or studio is an environment that contains particular tools and functionalities.
35. How many distinct harness kinds does Pega support?
There are various sorts of standard harnesses available in Pega, with new, perform, conform, review, Tabbed, perform screen flow, Tree Navigation, etc. are the most widely used.
36. What are the many class types supported by PRPC?
The following are the various classes that PRPC supports:
Base Class : It is the ultimate base class, and its descendant classes are work-, Data-, Rule-, Assign-, and History-. Abstract classes and concrete classes are the only two types of classes supported by Pega.
Abstract Classes : They are classes that finish with a dash (-), and abstract classes cannot create instances of work objects.
Concrete Classes : Concrete Classes do not terminate in ‘-‘, and they produce instances of work objects. Join the best software training institute in Chennai.
37. What is your definition of a work object? How may a work item be created in Pega?
A work object is the fundamental unit of work in an application. It is the fundamental data set upon which a flow operates. During application use, a work object is created, modified, and ultimately closed (resolved).
Every work object possesses a unique identifier (property pyID), an urgency value, and a status value (property pyStatusWork).
The following actions must be taken in order to create a work item in Pega:
Add a button, such as a section or header, first.
- Click the action tab after expanding the cell property within the button.
- Add a specified action to the button.
- Add both the focus class and flow name to the button.
- Capture the current work object ID using the “Param.prevRecordkey” parameter.
- Utilize “Obj-OpenBy-Handle” to open the case.
- Copy the information from pagers using the Page-Copy function.
38. Can a flow be initiated via activity? If yes, then what method is employed ?
Yes. It is possible to initiate a flow-through activity. Flow-New is the name of the approach utilized here.
39. What distinguishes declare pages from normal pages ?
Differentiating declare pages from standard pages:
- Declare Pages: Declare pages are constructed via declarative rules. While creating a declare page, the declare keyword must be given. Declare pages as read-only, so they cannot be immediately deleted or modified.
- Regular pages: The page new technique is used to generate regular pages or user pages. These pages can be directly edited or deleted without difficulty and these pages are immediately erased upon system logout.
40. What is a portal and where is it configured in Pega ?
A portal is a user interface that appears (Developers or End Users). Access Group allows Portal configuration. For example, Developer portal, management portal, user portal, admin portal, etc. Enroll in the best software training institute in Chennai and learn everything with hands-on experience.
41. What are the different types of Pega requestors ?
Following are the various types of Pega requestors :
- Internet browser requestor: The requestor browser begins with the letter ‘H’.
- The batch requestor’s name begins with the letter “B.”
- The application requestor’s name begins with the letter A.
- The portal requestor’s name begins with the letter “P.”
42. What are Pega classes ? What different types of classes does Pega support ?
Pega is a platform that enables rule re-use across case kinds and applications. It enables developers to often reuse rules in their systems, from single data elements to entire processes. Reusing the rules improves the application’s quality and can have a favorable effect on development time. The Pega platform classifies rules according to their reusability within an application. Every cluster is known as a class.
There are three types of classes used in application development:
- Work Group: Included in the labor class are processes, data items, and user interfaces. All of them make up the work class, which gives the rules governing how to handle a case.
- Integration Class: The Integration class contains the rules that govern how the application interacts with other services, such as the integration resources connecting to a customer database or an external web server.
- Data Class: The data class maintains the rules that define the application’s data objects, such as a customer data type or an order items data type, etc.
When a rule is added in App Studio, the appropriate class is automatically selected. You must concentrate on the desired outcome of the rule rather than its development. You can also write the rule in Dev Studio if you require class control. If you write a rule that can be reused in multiple apps, the Dev Studio is suggested.
43. What is the definition of DCO in Pega?
DCO stands for Direct capture object in Pega. It is an apple development tool that provides the following features.
- Appl Accelerator
- Application profiler wizard
- Appl use cases
- Appl Doc Wizard
- Appl requirements
44. What exactly is SLA? What purpose does it serve ?
The Service Level Agreement (SLA) is an instance of the Rule-Obj-Service Level Rule type, which may be added to work and assignment objects. There are two time intervals for SLA, which are referred to as the Goal and the Deadline, and it reflects the anticipated amount of time needed to complete the assignment as well as the amount of time needed to resolve the work object. In the event that a given assignment is not finished within the allotted amount of time, the system has the ability to automatically raise the assignment and cancel the entire flow, and so on. Learn the Pega course in Chennai and proceed ahead in your professional life.
45. What are the kinds of SLA that are available? Give a quick summary of each ?
The following is a list of the several forms of SLA that are utilized in Pega:
- The Assignment Service Level Agreement: “Assignment SLA,” is a reference to an assignment, as the name suggests. This Service Level Agreement (SLA) starts when the assignment is created and continues until the job is finished. On the newly assigned page, the pxUrgencyAssignSLA attribute is where you’ll find the setting for the assignment’s level of priority.
- Case Level SLA: The Service Level Agreement (SLA) that is being referred to here is the Case Level SLA. Throughout the entirety of a case’s existence, this SLA will continue to be applicable. It begins when a case is opened and continues until a case is closed, at which point it is finished. This SLA is identified under the work page by the standard property known as pySLAName, which is a value that can be found in the pyWorkPage parameter known as pxUrgencyWorkSLA. To adjust the amount of urgency of case-level service level agreements (SLAs), utilize the pxUrgencyWorkSLA property found under the pyWorkPage node.
- Stage Level SLA: (Stage Level Service Level Agreement). When a case first enters a stage is when it begins, and when it finally leaves a stage is when it concludes. Controlling the level of urgency at the Stage level can be done through the pxUrgencyWorkStageSLA property, which can be found under the pyWorkPage heading.
- Step level or Flow level SLA: called so when it is being discussed in terms of a flow level or a step level. A step-level service level agreement (SLA) begins when a procedure or step is begun and continues until it is finished. When a flow is started, the service level agreement for the flow level is initiated, and it is terminated when the flow is terminated. If there is a step SLA, it will take precedence over a flow SLA if both are present. It is possible to make a reference to Step SLA in each and every step that falls under the Stage in the Case Type Rule. A flow service level agreement is referred to in the process tab of the flow rule. The flow or step level urgency is controlled by the pxUrgencyWorkStepSLA property, which is located under pyWorkpage.
46. How exactly do we go about tracing SLA in Pega ?
In order to track down SLA in Pega, we can utilize the following steps:
By terminating the agent—->By delaying it.—->By initiating the agent—>Delay it again.
Choose the requestor that was delayed and then click on the tracer in the requestors section.
Within the next sixty seconds, please forward this case to a specific assignment that includes the SLA.
47. When it comes to Pega, what exactly is the difference between activity and Utility?
The following is a list of the primary distinctions in Pega between activities and utilities:
Within the Pega platform, the processing is automated through the use of activity. It is possible to set it up so that the system may automatically upload claims without any intervention from the user.
An activity consists of a series of actions that are carried out in the order specified by the facilitator. Utility is a shape in the Pega flow, and Activity is a rule that belongs to the Rule-Obj-Activity combination. This shape relates to an activity whose usage type is set to Utility. The utility usage type was selected.
An activity can have multiple sorts of usage, such as Utility, Connect, Assign, or Notify, and Route is one of those usage types. When you want to call activity within a flow, you will need to use Utility. Join t in this sector.he Pega training in Chennai and become a Pro
48. In Pega, what exactly is the RuleSet ?
An instance of Pega is defined by its RuleSet, which is a collection of business rules. The ruleSet is an essential subset of PegaRULES, and it is required in order to reference instances that are stored in the database.
49 .What are some of the most significant benefits of utilizing case management in Pega ?
The following is a list of the primary benefits of using case management in Pega:
- By providing holistic support, it has the potential to improve the case management processes.
- Additionally, the effectiveness of case-flow for automatic and dynamic responses is improved as a result of this.
- Through management that is both context-based and in real-time, it guarantees consistency and eliminates errors.
- The amount of time, money, and effort required to implement case management is reduced as a result of its time efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Enroll in the best software training institute in Chennai to learn from basics to advanced levels in Pega.
50. What does DCO stand for in Pega? What are some of the advantages of utilizing DCO within Pega ?
Direct Capture of Objectives is what DCO means when referring to Pega. Pega’s comprehensive solution, the Pega Platform, is being utilized throughout the process of data acquisition, organization, and storage. Gathering and arranging application artifacts is part of DCO, which covers the processes and technologies used for this purpose. Teams working in information technology, business, and testing, as well as other resources, make use of this technology so that they can save time, effort, and money while also enhancing the overall quality of their projects and the impact they have on society.
DCO is neither a methodology nor a tool in and of itself. Instead, it is used to consolidate data so that it may be utilized continuously across departments at the appropriate time and level. DCO also removes barriers to communication by serving as a common repository for application artifacts that are linked to one another (objectives, requirements, specifications, and implementation rules). All of the resources have real-time documentation of their as-built state and a unified perspective of the application.
The following equipment is utilized by DCO in order to automate the work :
- Case Lifecycle Manager
- Application profiler
- Specification documents
- Effort Estimation
- New Application Wizard
- Document generation
Advantages of utilizing DCO in Pega are as follows :
- DCO is utilized to facilitate the modeling of scenarios that need to be addressed by the application’s end users by collaborative teams.
- Users are able to take a vital interim step after documenting the application but before incurring the cost of development to determine whether or not the program satisfies our objectives.
- This is made possible by the modeling and simulation tools. When you solve problems as part of the software development life cycle, there is a very small probability that those solutions will fail when the software is put into production.
- Additionally, organizations utilize iterative processes and DCO in order to better their own efforts. It makes the process of developing software more apparent, which enables teams to learn from their mistakes and continually get better.
- DCO technologies provide businesses with a number of different delivery options for go-live, which boosts their return on investment and makes it easier for them to achieve their goals in a dependable manner.
Thus you have been presented with the most possible and frequently asked Pega interview questions with answers. Hope it will be of great help to you to ace your interview and progress in your profession. Best Wishes.