Salesforce Interview Questions and AnswersJune 24, 2022 2023-09-28 14:39
Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers
Salesforce Interview Questions and Answers
Salesforce Interview QuestionsIf you’re interested in CRM, Salesforce is a good career choice. Salesforce is used by numerous businesses, including Deloitte, Adidas, Accenture, Cisco, Atlas, Deloitte, Infosys, Godrej, etc. Those that chose Salesforce are benefiting from excellent remuneration and greater job satisfaction. Companies struggle with a shortage of Salesforce experts as the number of people using the platform grows. They need Salesforce experts, who are well-versed in the system and adept at utilising its many offerings for practical business purposes. As a result, the number of Salesforce professionals is growing daily. Here comes the “list of salesforce interview questions” to help you to excel in your salesforce interview successfully.
- What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is the emerging and most successful Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system that is offered to clients as a cost-efficient software-as-a-service (SaaS) (SaaS).
- What does self-relationship entail?
Lookup relationships to the same object are called Self-Relationships. The ability for users to relate the object "Merchandise" to other objects is based on this concept.
- What is an overview of an object relationship?
In Salesforce, the object relationship overview connects related lists of standard object records and custom object records. This is beneficial for tracking product flaws in connected customer cases. By adding custom relationship fields to an object, Salesforce users can specify several sorts of relationships.
0Database tables that include information about your business in Salesforce.com are referred to as "custom objects" in Salesforce.
- What are the subsidiaries of Salesforce?
The main subsidiaries of Salesforce are as follows:
- Demandware Inc
- What can a user do with a custom object?
The subscriber can carry out the following actions when the custom object has been defined:
- Create customized fields
- Integrate the custom object with other records.
- Keep track of events and activities
- Work on creating page layouts.
- Creation of a unique tab for the custom object.
- Examine data from custom objects
- Construct dashboards and reports.
- Share customized tabs, applications, objects, and several other relevant aspects.
- The custom object must be defined previously to carry out any of these operations .
- What may result in Salesforce data loss?
Several factors, such as the following, can lead to data loss in Salesforce:
- Modifying the data and time.
- The transition of other data kinds to percent, integer, and currency.
- Switching to other types from the multi-select picklist, checkbox, and auto number.
- Changing from any type other than picklist to a multi-select picklist.
- Except for text, converting to auto-number.
- e-mail, phone, URL, and text are substituted for the text area.
- How does Salesforce benefit from SaaS?
SaaS is a subscription-based model, meaning customers can decide not to renew and stop using the software at any time without incurring any fees or consequences other than losing access to Salesforce. SaaS is designed to assist users in avoiding significant upfront costs and investments. Applications offered as a service (SaaS) have an easy-to-use Internet user interface.
- How do you track sales with Salesforce?
Salesforce is a tracking tool that captures a range of useful, fundamental information, including:
Number of clients served each day
- Volume of daily sales
- Sales Manager's extensive report
- Monthly or quarterly sales data
- The most essential factor of any sales department is tracking and reporting repeat client activity, which is what Salesforce does well.
- How many different kinds of relationships does Salesforce.com offer?
The two types of relationships are offered by salesforce.com
- Master-detail relationships
- Lookup relationships.
- What is the trigger in salesforce?
A trigger is a piece of code that runs either prior to or after the actual record is modified or added.
- What distinguishes a trigger from a workflow?
Using assessment criteria and rule criteria, a workflow is an automated process that initiates an action. As explained previously, Trigger is the code that is performed on or after the record is modified or entered.
- What distinguishes Salesforce.com and Force.com?
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is the concept of Force.com, whereas Software-as-a-Service is the concept of Salesforce.com (SaaS).
- What does Salesforce's static resource mean?
- Are there any restrictions on data.com records?
Salesforce users can access their limits form settings quickly by just clicking the “ data.com administration/Users". Users of data.com can view their monthly export cap and the precise number of records exported each month via the users section of the website.
- How many different kinds of object relations are there in Salesforce?
Salesforce's three types of object relations are:
Once a user becomes accustomed to the software, the relation kinds seem pretty sensible.
- What are the various report types that Salesforce provides?
The various report types available in Salesforce include:
- Report in tabular format that shows the total in a table
- Matrix report that uses both rows and columns to group data.
- Summary reports are comprehensive reports that group information according to columns.
- Joined report can be created by joining two or more reports together.
- Can a dynamic dashboard in Salesforce be scheduled?
Scheduling a dynamic dashboard is not feasible in Salesforce.
- Describe the audit trail.
The Audit Trail function in Salesforce is essential for getting information or for monitoring all the latest setup modifications that the company administration has executed in the company. Data can be kept in the audit trail for up to six months.
- What is the function of the junction object?
Junction objects are being used to establish many-to-many links between things. The user can consider a recruiting application as an example, where many candidates can be linked to a position for a job or many jobs can be linked to a candidate. A third party object is considered as a junction object as it connects to the data model. In the above illustration, “job application” is the junction object.
- What does the Salesforce dashboard look like?
The dashboard in Salesforce is a visual depiction of the report. One dashboard can include up to 20 reports.
- What distinguishes static from dynamic dashboards?
The default dashboards that are accessible to all users are static dashboards. It can be used to provide data from the entire organisation to a group of people.
Data customised for a particular user is displayed on dynamic dashboards. You can use it to display details about a single user, such as the volume of closed sales or the conversion rate of leads, etc.
- What distinguishes SOSL and SOQL from one another?
The terms "Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL)" and "Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL)" are interchangeable. You are right if you feel that Salesforce has a unique culture.
- Which rule governs sharing?
When a user wants to grant access to another user, the sharing rules are implemented.
- Increase the number of stars on your performance appraisal
- For FREESTART LEARNING, get guidance from subject-matter specialists.
- Describe a wrapper class.
A Wrapper Class is a class that is used to display a variety of objects on a Visualforce page within the same table. The instances of a Wrapper Class are collections of other objects.
- State the advantages of Salesforce
There are many advantages to using Salesforce. The primary ones are
- Aids in understanding the demands of the client.
- Gives all project team members access to a single platform for communication.
- Reporting is easy and speedy.
- Possesses a high level of adaptability.
- Very simple to control.
- Can connect to a huge number of apps (eg: Mailchimp, Ebsta)
- What does a Salesforce object mean?
A database table that holds information particular to a company Is known as an object (columns are referred as fields while rows are referred asrecords). In Salesforce, there are two different kinds of objects:
- Standard Object
- Custom object
Standard Object - By default, Salesforce creates a standard object. For instance, Contacts, Leads, and Account.
Custom Object: Any information that the user wants may be contained in a custom object that they construct. To hold data on the locations of different corporate branches, for instance, you can define a custom "Location" object.
- How do you define governor limits?
The amount of data that can be saved on a shared database is regulated by governor restrictions. They aid in preventing monopolisation of the available resources (CPU, Storage, Memory)
Following are a few instances of governor limits in Salesforce
- 10,000ms is the maximum CPU time in salesforce servers.
- 10 number of sendEmail methods in total are permitted.
- 50,000 records were retrieved overall via a SOQL query
- 100 total callouts were made throughout the transaction.
- What steps can you take to avoid governor limits?
Here are some recommendations you can use to make sure a code doesn't exceed the governor's restrictions.
- Code Bulkification
- Whenever possible, use @future
- Avoid doing any DML or SOQL operations inside loops.
- Large datasets should be put in a queue.
- For records greater than 50,000, employ batch apex.
- What exactly does Salesforce's "sandbox" mean?
Testing and development can be carried out in a sandbox, which is a database replica. The ability to test out new concepts on the replica database without affecting the original one makes it quite useful
Developer Sandbox: This designed for both development and testing in an isolated structure, as it contains a duplicate of the metadata from the production org.
Developer Pro Sandbox: This version of the sandbox serves the same purpose as the developer version but supports larger datasets. Partialcopy sandbox:
Sandbox for partial copies: It is only meant to be used for testing purposes. It includes a sample of the metadata and data from the production org.
Full sandbox: This environment is only meant to be used for testing purposes. It includes all of the production org's information, such as objects, metdata and attachments.
- How can apex classes be edited in a real-world setting?
Apex classes cannot be directly edited in a production environment. It must be completed in the sandbox first, then delivered in production where changes can be made by a user with Author Apex permission.
- When a record is removed, what happens to master-detail and lookup relationships?
When the master record is deleted in a master-detail relationship, all the information is also deleted. But in a lookup relationship, the child record survives even after the deletion of the parent record.
- List the key characteristics of Salesforce.
Contact management: Using customer critical information and interaction history, contact management is made simpler.
Opportunity management: Allows users to see a timeline of their customers' activities that represents different stages of a contract so they can decide how to proceed.
Quote management: A built-in quoting system that provides clients with quotes on deal items' standard prices, quantities, product codes, and prices.
Lead management: A timeline of activities giving access to current contacts. The CRM tool quickly converts leads while telling users of where the lead came from.
Sales data: Offers precise sales data at the appropriate time and enables a quicker engagement with influential decision-makers.
Mobility: Users may easily access CRM data thanks to the mobile app.
Workflow and approvals: Through the use of drag-and-drop technology, visual workflow makes it possible to quickly build and automate business processes. Flexible approval procedures for spending or discounts can be managed by users.
Communication:Sharing and syncing files makes it simple to exchange, talk about, and publish content instantly.
Dashboards: With the use of interactive dashboards and personalised reports, users can see their company's market performance in real time. Additionally, they may use drag and drop to assemble their own dashboard, edit the fields, and apply filters to the data. Real-time data for the newest insights are provided via charts.
Sales forecasting: Follows the progression of leads and provides sales forecasting by studying them.
- In Salesforce, what is an App?
An app is a logical container that can include a variety of information about a firm, including its brand name, logo, daily operations, and more. Users can combine regular and custom tabs to create new programmes that are tailored to their needs. To create an app in Salesforce, follow these steps: Click on new under Setup, Build, Create, and App.
i.e. Setup → Build → Create → App → Click on new.
- What are the various categories of apps to use in Salesforce?
Custom app: It is appropriate for business owners to create apps that occasionally adapt to business requirements.
Console app: Only appropriate for a client service business where resolving client issues is the primary objective. It is significantly less popular on the market.
- Differentiate role and profile
Exhibits the data visibility for a user.
Limitations for what a user can do in company is set
Gives details about the user data allowed for the user to see.
Gives details about permissions.
Not compulsory to define it
It is an absolute necessity to define a profile.
- What does a Salesforce profile mean? Can two unique users share a profile?
A user's Salesforce capabilities are defined by their profile, which also grants them permission to specific records. A profile is a compilation of authorizations and options. A sales profile, for example, is one of many profiles that can manage contacts, prospects, campaigns, and more.
A department's employees may share similar profiles. For instance, numerous individuals in a sales department have the same sales profile given to them. Therefore, multiple people can share the same profile.
- How well-versed are you in Salesforce's Master-Detail relationship?
In a master-detail relationship, the parent serves as the master and the child serves as the detail. The worth in the master record can be used to control how detailed records are shown.
The behaviour of the Detail object is entirely under the control of the Master object. Additionally, the parent's survival is essential to the child's because if the parent is eliminated, the child will follow suit. The SUM, MIN, and AVG of the child records are computed when roll-up summary fields are created in master records.
- How well-versed are you in Salesforce's workflow?
Workflow enables organisations to save time by automating routine internal operations. As records are being created or updated, it aids in their evaluation. Additionally, it decides whether an automatic action must be carried out, such as tasks like sending follow-up emails, engaging in marketing initiatives, monitoring the client journey, and more.
A workflow rule is a collection of several workflow instructions, which are typically condensed into an if/then statement.
- What are the Salesforce CRM's main advantages?
Communication: salesforce Einstein Bots assist in timely and accurate communication by automatically responding to chats.
Data syncing: By transferring data from other programmes like MailChimp and G Suite, you can eliminate the difficulties of switching between different programmes. Data tracking is possible anytime and anyplace using the Salesforce mobile app.
Tools for data analytics: Salesforce's Einstein Analytics gives users insights to respond quickly to changing data . For data collecting and work, it provides a number of reporting tools and dashboards.
Follow customer activity: By using the sales cloud, the user may better comprehend the customer's journey and get a better understanding of their background and behaviour.
Provide support through chat: Based on the consumer involvement and website followers, the live agent of the service cloud will launch a chat box.
Engagement that is persistent: The data collected in Salesforce's CRM enables the development of constant marketing campaigns for existing customers.
Making apps: Force.com makes creating and modifying apps for any device simple.
- What does Salesforce's Apex mean?
Apex is a highly typed OOP language that enables programmers to run transaction control statements and flow on servers running the Salesforce platform in addition to making API calls. It functions as database stored procedures and has syntax akin to Java. On the Lightning platform, the code can be started by triggers on objects and queries from web services.
Developers can apply business logic to system events such as button clicks, Visualforce page updates, and associated data updates using Apex.
- What do you know about the annotation Future(@future)?
Methods that are run asynchronously are specified using future annotations. Future-annotated methods must be static and could only give void types. Primitive data types, collections of primitive data types, or arrays of primitive data types should be used as the arguments.
Once Salesforce gets available resources, a function specified with the @future annotation are performed
- Describe the different kinds of Salesforce SOQL statements.
When necessary, the records from database.com are queried using the Salesforce Object Query Language, or SOQL. Following are the two categories of SOQL statements
Static SOQL: It is identical to IINQ and is represented using  (array brackets). When the SOQL query does not change dynamically, it is applicable.
Dynamic SOQL: It can be used to refer to the SOQL string creation in Apex code at runtime. More adaptable apps can be made thanks to it. For instance, you may build a search using user input with different field names or updated entries
- Describe different kinds of email templates in Salesforce?
Text: These templates can be created or modified by any person within an organisation.
HTML with letterhead: Administrators and users with the "Edit HTML Templates" access can make these templates using a letterhead as a basis.
Custom HTML: These are letterhead-style extensions to HTML. They can be made without utilising the letterhead by administrators and users with the "Edit HTML Templates" ability.
Visualforce: Developers and administrators can design them using Visualforce. They offer sophisticated features including data blending with the recipient's data
- Define Salesforce Lightning
Salesforce Lightning is a framework for building applications based on components that includes a number of tools and technologies for efficiently boosting the performance of the Salesforce platform. The tools come with graphic upgradration, improved user interfaces, and more. It makes operations simpler for "business users without coding knowledge".
- It enables the quick and simple development of applications that address business problems and improve engagement. Key characteristics include:
- Enables the building and customisation of apps using drag and drop.
- Has extensions and tools for creating reusable components.
- AppExchange for more than fifty partner modules.
- Has style manuals and offers user experience best practices for developing apps.
- Lightning Connect is a connectivity tool that enables Force.com applications to use data from external sources that adhere to OData standards.
- Give two instances of how the Salesforce API is used.
Developers can communicate with Salesforce through a number of its APIs. Salesforce API examples include:
Streaming: When a modification to Salesforce data occurs in accordance with the specified SOQL query parameters, the Streaming API can be used to initiate and receive notifications. Based on predetermined criteria, it could be used to push notification alerts from the server to the user.
Bulk: It offers programmatic access so that you may quickly load and query a sizable quantity of data into your Salesforce company.
- Name the recent field in Salesforce that you have worked in?
The recent field in saleforce is “Time”
- Mention the default filters in salesforce?
“Date filters” are the default filters.
- What is the method to get rid of Date Filter?
It is possible by opting for “All Time” under the “Range” on the page.
- What is a declarative and non declarative approach?
Declrataive approach refers to working on a project without code; whereas non declarative approach is working on a project with code.
Salesforce has become the focal point of any business's sales and marketing automation initiatives, and competent Salesforce administrators are in high demand. To be successful in your job search, you must be prepared to face stiff competition from other qualified candidates. Take use of this handy list of the most often asked salesforce interview questions and their respective answers before your next Salesforce interview. To impress your future employers, study them extensively.